TOPIC: DIVINE HEALING A REALITY
TEXT: PROVERB 4:20-22
Jesus Christ came to save, heal and to deliver. Healing is a part of redemption package, through the redemptive works of Jesus at the cross of Calvary every believer has the right to physical health.
We shall discuss this topic in 3 outlines
1) SICKNESS: SOURCE, INDICATOR AND REMEDY
- a) DEATH SENTENCE (sickness and disease) came through Adam’s sin – Romans 5:21
INDICATOR: Living by human experience
REMEDY: Redemptive works on the cross of Calvary
1John3:8, Isaiah 53:5, 1Peter2:24, Matthew 8:17
- b) CURSE DISOBEDIENCE
- Curse: Sickness, poverty, lack – Deut 28:15-68
- Indicator: Suffering, frustration and disappointment in the midst of abundance and wonderful promises
- Remedy: Obedience, Sanctification and Truth – Deuteronomy 28:1-14, 1Thess 5:23 ,3John2-4
- c) SATAN’S TRAP THROUGH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL PRESSURE – Gen. 3:5
- Satan Trap: Deceit and ignorance
- Indicator: Negative thought, fear and sickness and pain
- Remedy: 23:7, John 3:25-26, Rom. 8:15, 2Tim 1:7
2) DIVINE PRESCRIPTION
God’s words are medicine and health to all flesh. God’s word is productive to all flesh and there is nothing it cannot cure.
3 STEPS TO TAKE THE MEDICINE
- Attend to my words (2Cor. 10:4-5)
- Let it not depart from your eyes (John 3:14)
- Keep it in the midst of your heart (Prov. 4:23)
3) HOW TO PURSUE HEALING
You will never experience anything you are not willing to pursue and what you pursue is what you value. When you pursue you draw on God’s healing power, you pursue by seeking and being diligent. Ps. 27:4, Deut 28:1
4) PRAY FOR REVELATION
Proverb 4:22a says – For they are flesh to those who find them.
- Confess the words.
CONCLUSION: Anxiety, fear, tears, worries and doubts are enemies of faith and progress. Only in the spirit, you overcome them. It takes joy and gladness to hear from heaven even in tribulation, it takes joy and gladness to follow the steps to release your faith. The word of God is a seed and the word that doesn’t enter into you will not have any effect on you. 2Kings 3:15-16, Is. 30:29-31, Luke 8:10-12ding, arguments, quick temper and anger.