TOPIC: VESSELS UNTO HONOUR
TEXT: 2 Timothy 2:20-21
What is a vessel: a vessel is a container prepares to carry a particular liquid substance or an admire material e.g. oil, water, and flower.
A vessel is a person designed or fashioned by God to carry out an assignment of the Lord here on earth Jeremiah as case study Jeremiah 1:4-5 God had to tell Jeremiah about what he was designed and made him for; God will never create any one without a specific assignment given to the person.
What is honour: is a regard or something that all respect must go for, honour is the state of glorify, adorning making worthy and making special treatment for a particular person.
A VESSEL GOD CAN USE:
1. Must be available and fit.
2. Must be prepared unto every good works.
3. Must also purge himself from ungodliness, you must separate yourself from anything that might compromise your testimony.
4. Must be baptized in the Holy Spirit.
Vessels unto honour are created for the manifestation of God power and glory. Roman 9:23
Two categories of vessels Roman 9:21, 2 Timothy 2:20
• Vessels of dishonour
• Vessels of honour
Truly we are looking at the vessels unto honour let us also look at the other vessel.
I.) Vessels of dishonour: these are vessels made up of wood and earth these are vessels that doesn’t brings profit, grain, glory and honour to God and his kingdom
They are vessels without value and unprofitable vessels make for camouflage Matthew 25:24; 30
They are vessels of God’s wrath and destruction Roman 9:22
They are vessel of disobedient and they cannot receive mercy Luke 19:20-21 e.g Saul king of Israel 1samuel 15:11-23.
II.) Vessels of honour: these are vessels made up in gold and silver, they are vessel that brings profit, honour and glory to God and His kingdom Matthew 25:20-23.
They are protected and God prove His mightiness in them. Roman 9:23
They are loved by God. John 16:27a
They are justified and called. Roman 8:30
They are trusted by God. Genesis 18:17-19
They are perfect and furnished for good works. 2Timothy 3:17
Qualification for being a vessel unto honour
• You must be born again by confessing Jesus and believing in him as lord and personal saviour, regenerated in Christ, reborn by the spirit of Christ, John 3:5 1John 1
• Sanctified seeking after holiness and righteousness. John 17:17, 1Thessalonians 4:4
• Be obedient to all God word. 1Samuel 15:22, Isaiah 1:8
• Be filled with the Holy Ghost.
• Be addicted to your bible and keep it. 2Timothy 2:15 Psalm119:11 Joshua 1:8
• Be a violent prayer person. 1Thessalonians 5:17
• Purified and purge your at all time. 1Thessalonians 4:4
How to become vessels unto honour:
• You must purge yourself from iniquities/Sanctification: things that bring shame to God should be avoided. 2 Timothy 2:20 and 21.
• You must bear fruits: John 15:1-2.
• You must watch your circle of friends: 1Corithians 15:33 – Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. Proverbs 13:20
• You have to be prepared for good works. 1 Cor. 3:9
• You must adhere to God’s instruction. Prov. 8:33.
A Vessel that is ready to be used by God should be available: you must be readily available to be used. God needs the people that are always available for his assignment. Don’t be too busy for God.
A vessel unto honour is a worshipper: John 4:23.
You must be anointed for the task ahead of you: Psalm 23:5. “
Anyone who wants to overflow as a vessel in the hand of God must purge him or herself from every form of ungodliness and wordiness and be separated and prepared unto every good works, and be filled with Holy Spirit.