Monday, November 6, 2023
|SAVED FOR A PURPOSE
|JOHN 15: 8-16
|PASTOR OLADELE BALOGUN
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 1 Peter 2:9
Believers should have some sense of purpose and a burning desire to live for God because of what Jesus did for us on the cross. We were spared for a reason. We are also saved for the purpose of making a difference in our lives. Jesus Christ didn’t die on the cross so we could go on living any way we like. He made and saved us for a purpose.
In this study: “Saved for a Purpose,” we shall consider one major outline. May the Lord give us understanding as we study in Jesus’ Name.
WHAT IS A PURPOSE?
Purpose is the reason behind the creation of a thing. It can also be God’s assignment for your life. Purpose is your contribution to the overall program of God on earth. Jer. 1:5
The reason for your salvation:
- You are saved to become a disciple. John 15:8. A disciple is a dedicated and committed follower of Jesus Christ’s words, principles and lifestyle. As a disciple of Jesus Christ, we must therefore live for what He lived for which is the salvation of men.
- You are saved to live for God. 1:21
- You are saved to bear fruit in all areas of your life. John 15:16
- You are saved to love God wholeheartedly. John 15: 9-10.
- You are saved to point others to Jesus Christ through a lifestyle of righteousness 1:9
- You are saved to do good works and to walk in the light. 2:10, 1Pet. 2:9, Acts 10:38
- You are saved to make disciples through evangelism. Matthew 28:19-20
We are saved for the salvation of others. In this way we glorify God.