|TOPIC:||FLAMES OF FIRE|
|MINISTERING:||PASTOR OLADELE BALOGUN|
There are four basic elements in the world- water, earth, air, and fire, each of which is very important to human existence. As important as all these are, however, it is interesting that God chose to make His ministers flames of fire. In today’s study, we shall be looking at the characteristics of fire. May the Lord continue to make us His flame of fire in Jesus’s name, Amen.
CHARACTERISTICS OF FIRE
- Fire is distinct: When you see fire, you recognize it immediately. In other words, fire is unique and distinct and cannot be mistaken for anything else. 2 Kings 1:1-8, Luke 6:43-45
- Fire does not follow trends: It remains the same all the time. It does not change its state like water that can change to vapor or into a frozen state. It does not copy anything. Romans 12:2
- Fire cannot be ignored: It always affects its environment. Wherever fire is, everyone around there feels its heat, and whatever comes in contact with it will either be consumed or become fire too. 1 Kings 18: 36-39
- Fire is very generous: Fire light up other materials that have the potential to carry fire. For instance, if you have one hundred candles to light, all you have to do is light one of them, and that one candle can be used to light the remaining 99 candles. 27:17
- Fire is relentless: Once it starts it could take over its entire surroundings if not well controlled. It just keeps clearing off anything that is on its path. Fire is never afraid to clear whatever that stands in its path. Acts 13:6-12, Acts 21:13
It is therefore expedient that all children of God must know that they are unique and cannot be compared to any other.