|TOPIC:||HEALED FOR A PURPOSE|
|TEXT:||LUKE 8: 26-36|
When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick, That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses. Matthew 8:16-17
The Bible is explicitly clear that healing and wholeness are God’s perfect will for everybody, provided some certain conditions are met (Exo 15:26; Matt. 8:2-3). However, since the fall of man sicknesses and diseases are now part of human existence and the only way out of all afflictions and oppression of the devil is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
In our study today we shall consider some bible facts and conditions for healing, and lastly the purpose of why God heals the sick.
BIBLE FACTS ON HEALINGS:
- Sicknesses and diseases are not in God’s perfect plan for humans from the beginning. Gen 1:27-28,31
- There is a connection between sin and diseases. Deut 28, John 5:14, Ps 103:3, James 5:14-15
- The sacrificial death of Jesus Christ covered both sins and diseases. Isaiah 53:4-5, Mark 2:3-11
- God can initiate healing. Luke 13:10-13, John 5:5-9, Acts 3:2-12, Luke 7:11-17
- You can initiate your healing through prayer and faith. Matt.8: 5-8; Mark 10: 46-52, Matt. 9:18-25
- God is still healing today. Heb. 13:8; Ps. 119:89
HEALING FOR A PURPOSE:
Our God is a God of purpose, so He heals for a purpose. Let’s consider some of the reasons why God heals.
- So that He can show His compassion. Lk.7:13; Matt. 7:8-11; Mark 10:47-49
- So as to fulfil His purpose for coming into the world. Matt.8:16-17; IJohn. 3:8
- So that you can serve Him. Matt. 8:14-15, 2kgs 5:17
- So that he can use you to heal and deliver others. Mk.16:18, Matt 10:1, Jn. 14:12
- So that you can tell the world about Him. Mark 16:15; Lk.8:26-36
There is a world of sick and dying people all around us and their eternal destinies, salvation and deliverance from satanic bondage are tied to what you do with the Gospel.
Will you tell them Jesus Christ already paid for their forgiveness, healing and bondage?
Will you tell them that if they can only believe and obey the gospel they will be saved, healed and set free? You have tasted of his saving grace and healing power? Now is the time to tell the world!